Now ive finished Uni for the summer ive been having a clear out of clothes and trying to update some others. As i was bleaching some denim i accidentally splashed my brown top. So i decided i may as well bleach it too! Here is what i did:
- Empty 1 bottle of cheap bleach in to a mop bucket and add a small amount of water (my bleach was very thick)
- Lower the top half of the tshirt into the bucket and use pegs to secure it to the bucket
- Using a spoon add drips of bleach so that it blend a bit better rather than having a straight line of colour across
- Leave in the bleach until the top has become lighter
- Rinse in water and wash with detergent
- Then dye the top according to the pack instructions- i used Tulip Red Dylon in the washing machine but this was dyed with 2 other items too, colour intensity can vary depending on the amount of fabric being dyed. There is still a light patch where i originally splashed the bleach and this didnt cover because i watered down the beach.
Im really pleased with the outcome, it matches a shirt and a pair of boots i have!
***My blogger friend, photomummy, has also tried bleach on a top with successful results, you can see it HERE